Date Posted: September 27, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7923
Main Job Duties:
- Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Tests functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature change, vibration, pressure and humidity.
- Connects unit to be tested to test equipment such as signal generator, frequency meter, or spectrum analyzer.
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data or plots test results on graph.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Replaces defective wiring and components or records defects on tag attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Ohm’s Law and logic gate function
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.