Date Posted: March 28, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7559
We are looking for a contract Technical Writer to produce high-quality instructional documentation for machinery assembly, commissioning, and QC review. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with manufacturing, quality, field service, and design engineers/technicians.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce quality instructional documentation in a fast pace environment via Adobe Frame Maker.
- Hands-on interaction with machinery, electro-mechanical subsystems, tools, and software applications to better understand and create associated instructional documents.
- Independently able to collect required information from appropriate engineers/technicians and translate into accurate and understandable instruction.
- Create and integrate photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Work within a pre-defined template and organize material consistently across documents.
- Revise documents as new issues arise and new information becomes available.
- Gather usability feedback from designers, manufacturers, quality and field service to improve existing and in process documentation
- Proven working experience in technical writing and documentation of electro-mechanical machinery, subsystems and associated processes.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Thoroughly reviews documentation for errors and inconsistencies.
- Able to understand assembly and other instructional documentation as read by the end user.
- Able to accurately estimate time required for particular document production.
- Deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail per project plan
- Strong working knowledge and experience with MS office products and Adobe Frame Maker.
- Familiarity with machinery components, assembly tools, and measuring devices.
- Work is mainly in an office setting sitting and using computers, with some time on the manufacturing floor and/or in a laboratory
- May need to lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs on occasion
- Flexibility to work extended hours on occasion to help meet critical deadlines