Date Posted: October 27, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7220
· 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing/supply environment, with minimum 5+ years of demonstrated experience in aerospace supply and material management required; space systems supply experience strongly preferred.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field; equivalent experience in aviation/space supply will be considered.
· Experience with supply systems to meet requirements and specifications for high reliability space applications including electric space propulsion, space qualified electronics, and other advanced technology products.
· Familiarity and experience with SCM best practices, AS9100 requirements, and specifications such as MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-981, EEE-INST-002 is required. APICS and PMP Certifications are a plus.
· The ability to lead and support team contributors in engineering, test and manufacturing is required. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to combine their colleague's expertise with their own to produce results.
· Solid background implementing and utilizing ERP/MRP systems.
· Strong negotiation skills with customers, contractors and suppliers.
· Experience with Parts Procurement Planning, MOQ structures, volume price models, establishing terms and conditions, Proposal and Quote Generation, RFQ Review and Project SCM presentations.
· Knowledge of vacuum systems and high voltage is a plus.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
· US Citizenship, background and credit checks required.
· Conduct all business supply chain management functions, including vendor/supplier research, purchasing, receiving, inspecting, production and inventory control, distribution, and logistics, for manufacturing.
· Develop supply chain management strategies and metrics that increase efficiency and speed.
· Handle make/buy decisions, communications and negotiations with external suppliers.
· Collaborate with other departments to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
· Manage and Supervise Material Management Team (staff, workloads, scheduling, performance reviews, etc.)
· Provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity.
· Focus on safety, cost management and business growth in all interactions and directives.