Date Posted: April 10, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7589
Sr./Research Associate – Process Innovation
- Assist in developing robust processes for mRNA production and analysis.
- Conduct experiments to develop and validate process improvements.
- Maintain scientific records of experiments and clearly communicate results.
- Support process implementation into the mRNA production platform.
- Support cross-functional projects with the Chemistry, Biology and Production teams.
- BS with relevant industry or undergraduate experience in molecular biology or a related field.
- MS with >1 year relevant industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology and standard analysis methods relevant to these molecules (ex. PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, CE, etc.).
- Working familiarity with common analytical/purification methods (ex. HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS).
- Experience with oligonucleotide synthesis preferred.
- Experience with RNA/DNA purification preferred.
- Ability and desire to be a highly effective team player.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly master new scientific techniques and concepts.
- Drive and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing workplace.
- Robustness to maintain motivation in an ambitiously experimental environment.