Date Posted: October 21, 2015
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 6356
Sr. Process Engineer
Applies advanced knowledge of materials, engineering theory and methods to design, integrate, and improve company wide manufacturing systems or related processes and new process development. Work with designers, to refine product designs to increase manufacturability and decrease costs.
Duties and Responsibility
- Utilizes six sigma tools and methodologies to determine root cause of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepare Work Instructions to communicate the proper set-up and operation of manufacturing processes to produce products which meet customer requirements.
- Train work cell team members in continuous improvement working with team leaders and production supervision to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Trains production personnel in new or existing methodology.
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing waste in a job shop environment
- Support new product transfer into production, working with our design team on new product designs to insure that our processes are capable of meeting customer requirements.
- Conducts time studies and adjusts production standards as required
- Continually monitors scrap rates and initiates projects reduce scrap cost in manufacturing
- Works with team leaders and production management to reviews shop order variances (material and labor) and initiates projects to eliminate variances and improve actual cost performance.
- Ability to design, install and troubleshoot basic manufacturing equipment such as jigs, fixtures and gages
- Designs, develops and manufactures tooling and fixtures to support continuous improvement projects.
- BS in engineering or relevant discipline and 5+ years in manufacturing engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a proven track record in apply lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies. Experience with GD&T, CAD, Minitab, MS Project strongly desired.
- Proven track record applying statistical analysis to develop and control processes in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing experience must include heavy emphasis on assembly operations, tooling evaluation, vendor qualification, facilities engineering and cost savings through process improvement.
- Basic Bridgeport, lathe and other machine shop equipment desired.