Date Posted: December 02, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7308
· Gathering process data and developing project requirements.
· Directing the development of mass balances and detailed equipment lists for complex processes.
· Developing process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
· Working with the PM and other discipline leads to ensure process deliverables and all the necessary details related to the process are delivered on time, fully coordinated, and within the project budget.
· Researching process equipment providers and making recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
· Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
· Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
· Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
· Directing activities of CAD and Designer support staff.
· Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients' design challenges.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
· Degree in Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred
· 8-14 years of experience, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
· Experience with developing process strategies/philosophies for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial processes required
· Experience with FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements required
· Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
· Ability to lead a project from a process perspective, to direct the process design effort required
· Ability to present process designs to existing and new clients required
· Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP required
· Advanced knowledge and application of ASME BPE required.
· Ability to direct process design activities and lead a team of engineers required