Date Posted: May 05, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 6771
Space Systems Engineer/Project Manager
- Lead space propulsion systems engineering and assist with program management.
- Space Electric Propulsion Systems Engineering
- Program administration, documentation, manufacturing, lean product assembly lines, evaluation/oversight of technical tasks such as manufacturability of components, low cost fabrication and testing, along with technical verification of the system to meet or exceed program requirements and specifications.
- Provide leadership, management, sophisticated engineering and limited oversight of design, analysis, modeling, and test, while conducting research, development and manufacturing.
- Work with management regarding customer requirements while analyzing, documenting and overseeing the manufacturing of the product.
- Coordinate with multiple teams to assist in evaluating and ensuring product reliability, documentation and product manufacturability.
- Minimum BS (Engineering Degree, preferably Systems, Manufacturing, Aero, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- Electric Space Propulsion experience
- 10 or more years of space systems engineering/project management
- Extensive experience with Quality Assurance/Control, Product Data Management and Document Control
- Experience in defining requirements and verification, inspection and non-conformance
- Ability to perform complex engineering analyses
- Hall Effect Thrusters, Electric Propulsion Systems and/or space systems experience
- Knowledge of GD&T, ASME Y14.5M, materials and manufacturing processes
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
- Proficiency in lean production in accordance with AS9100
- Experience in Production Control and Inventory Control Systems
- Thorough knowledge/experience with mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, methods and procedures, Hi-Reliability assembly, AMS certified welding and metal treatment, spacecraft system manufacturing test procedures, hardware specifications, production control, new product development and writing procedures, process flowcharts, and statistical reports.
- Excellent computer skills to including knowledge of SolidWorks or similar CAD and MS Office.
- Experience with vacuum, high voltage and radiation hardened space qualified electronics
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be available to work extended hours/weekends as needed