Date Posted: September 14, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7115
JOB PURPOSE: SMT Inspector will inspect and rework all surface mount assemblies produced in accordance to IPC-610.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect products to ensure that assemblies are built to print and in compliance with IPC-610 standards.
- Rework and record defects in accordance with IPC-610 standard.
- Perform 1st piece inspection, paste verification and feeder rack checks
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components.
- Perform through-hole soldering and Final Inspection on products.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Good mechanical aptitude, vision/finger dexterity and attention to detail.
- High level soldering and rework skills (0201 up to QFN component package types)
- Ability to read and comprehend component part markings and polarity.
- Interpret Engineering Documents and work instructions.
- Professional and positive communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
Education: HS Diploma or GED.
- Previous Printed Circuit Board inspection experience preferred.
- Knowledge with or previous certification to IPC-610 is desired.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.