Date Posted: December 06, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 8061
Senior Technical Writer (REQ# 2556)
Experienced Technical Writer will be responsible for gathering, writing, and organizing technical materials for purposes of authoring and producing technical documentation. Included are electronics-based system/subsystem/support equipment technical manuals for operators and maintainers, electronic technical manuals, engineering-level documents, reports and procedures, as well as software user manuals and API documentation. Must be able to work independently to gather technical source data from Subject Matter Experts and convert that data into accurate, comprehensible materials with focus on consistent, clear, and logical flow of materials. Must be a strong team player with exceptional communication skills for daily interaction with many levels of program personnel. Must be task closure and solution oriented to meet project schedules and budgets. There is possibility of occasional travel.
- Advanced-level knowledge and competency (Super-user) in the publishing process and publishing tools, specifically Microsoft Word; PowerPoint, Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, Illustrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency on XML publishing tools (Arbortext, XMLSpy)
- Demonstrated Technical strengths to prepare technical material directed to audience’s conops from source materials.
- Demonstrated Excellence in writing skills, ability to work independently to gather technical data and convert that data into comprehensive end-user materials, with strong focus on consistency and logical flow of material.
- Excellent communication skills and poise to plan and coordinate with internal customer team; share the gained knowledge with other trainers and writers.
- Current Secret-level clearance. Ability to obtain higher levels of clearance (Top Secret or special access)
- Military experience, familiarity with military or electronic systems and support equipment
- Knowledge of military technical manual preparation
- Minimum of six years of technical writing or training experience in an electronics, engineering or high technology environment.
- Military experience; experience on military equipment; Troubleshooting experience (using schematics). Some customer training experience a plus.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in an engineering or computer field or equivalent experience relating to job field. (Military equivalent acceptable)
- Electronics degree; Technical Writing Certificate