Date Posted: September 15, 2016
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 7117
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is a key leadership position in the company with responsibility for developing product strategies that drive new customer acquisition, improve customer satisfaction, and support achievement of company business objectives. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
The Senior Product Manager’s primary functions are to:
- Leads the definition, launch, and commercialization of new products and services that solve critical business and clinical problems for our customers. Ensures these solutions move the needle commercially through successful pricing, targeting, and promotion.
- Deeply understands the competitive landscape and positions products in the market by working closely with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Program Management teams and in the market with customers and other thought leaders.
- Evangelizes product lines with sales, customers, and thought leaders.
- Supports sales with effective training, collateral, customer visits, and other product-related activity.
- Supports marketing with accurate and timely content that describes product functionality, value proposition, competitive advantage, and technical specifications.
- Accurately and effectively represents the needs of the market and voice of the customer in all phases of product conception and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses detailed market, technology, and competitive input to develop product/market requirements and user stories for all aspects of the product including warranty, service, and support. Provides input to product roadmap and maintains product backlogs.
- Develops unique value proposition of assigned products. Ensures sales understands and can effectively leverage for competitive advantage.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly engages with customers and supports key sales meetings.
- Assists in strategic analysis of new business, partner, and product opportunities.
- Provides product functionality and positioning information for marketing materials; reviews collateral for technical completeness and accuracy.
- Serves as technical and product expert to sales and marketing; supports tradeshows and RFP responses.
- Participates in ECO process for assigned products.
- Manages and maintains backlog for assigned products. Serves as hub for product feature requests internally and from the field; manages a closed loop process.
- Manages beta, pilot, customer advisory, and user community programs.
- Assists in development and delivery of product training, sales tools, whitepapers, and other product-related content.
- Regular travel to customer sites, speaking engagements, tradeshow events, mainly in North America.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10-15 years of technology product management experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong B2B, Enterprise Software/Healthcare IT and Medical Device or Network Appliance background. IP video/telephony, baseband video, audio, SaaS, and value-add services expertise strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the strategic and the tactical, delivering high quality, high output results.
- Track record of commercial success in high product delivery cadence environments.
- BS in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams through influence rather than direct authority.
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Excellent presenter to both technical and senior executive audiences.
- Strong analytical ability, financial analysis and modeling.
- Ability to make high-stakes, well-reasoned, and timely decisions with incomplete information.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MBA and/or advanced degree.
- Startup experience and successful delivery of V1 products.