Date Posted: February 02, 2017
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 7434
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years of electronics packaging experience designing, developing, documenting and testing board level and chassis level products.
- Liaising with the hardware, thermal and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
- Developing our mechanical design procedures and practices.
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
- Acting as technical team leader and mentor to more junior staff.
- Reporting to the Engineering Director on project progress.
Candidates should be Mechanical Engineering graduates (BS or MS), able to demonstrate practical post graduate involvement in embedded electronic product design, and be familiar with most or all of the following (in approximately descending order of priority):
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Proficient working knowledge of SolidWorks
- In depth knowledge of solid modelling, drawing, tolerances (GD&T), and change control processes.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability in electronics product packaging applications.
- Design of small or precision mechanical components for high complexity densely packed embedded board level electronic sub-systems or similar environments.
- Familiarity with surface finishes and plating.
- Ability to interface well with remote design teams.
- Ideally, design of conduction cooled electronic packaging (heat frame, custom heat sinks, handles, etc.) for rugged environments.
- Familiarity with standard form factor designs, e.g. Open VPX (3U and 6U) or VME.
- Knowledge of VITA standards and MIL-STD-810.
- Familiarity with shock and vibration testing in general, or of electronic board level systems in particular.
- Ability to perform structural, modal, and shock and vibration analyses.
- Experience of team leading at a technical level.
- Practical, “hands-on” approach to problem solving, with experience using a variety of hand and power tools.