Date Posted: October 28, 2016
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 7222
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead development on a system or subsystem of a complex mechanical assembly as part of new product development.
- Significant design and engineering responsibilities, including concept development, detailed design and analysis, release and verification for component and assembly design, determining manufacturing methods, FEA, DFM, and DFA.
- Manage interfaces between mechanical and electrical components.
- Perform failure analysis on test and production assemblies to determine root cause of failure.
- Lead and participate in risk analyses such as DFMEA, PFMEA, and Hazards Analysis.
- MS or BS in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on device design
- 5+ years experience in product and/or machine design, including complex electro-mechanical assemblies and components
- Proficiency with solid modeling and design analysis tools (FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Experience taking products from concept through volume manufacturing is desired
- Experience with products involving fluid handling or movement is desired