Date Posted: July 06, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 6921
Collaborate with a diverse team supporting critical and fast-paced programs with classified information system capabilities in a mixed Unix-based/Windows-based environment.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
• Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
• Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
• Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
• Respond to online service requests from users
• Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
• Convert and upgrade to new systems
• Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
• Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
• Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
• International or Domestic travel (potential)
• 4+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
• Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
• Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
• Strong experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
• Must possess or be able to obtain US DoD Secret Clearance prior to starting work.
• Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment.
• CISSP certification
•Strong knowledge of other *nix operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix)
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2K8 server
• Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Curiosity, problem solving, desire to learn new skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
• Working knowledge of thin client technologies
• Working knowledge of operating system provisioning – Cobbler, Ghost, MS MDT
• Working knowledge of system update management – WSUS, SCOM, Chef
• Working knowledge of computer system monitoring – Nagios.
• Working knowledge of unified OS account management technologies.
• Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
• Scripting / programming experience
• Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
• Language expertise in addition to English
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm