Date Posted: August 10, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7818
Quality Test Technician
This position is primarily responsible for inspecting materials and products, such as filters, connectors, or components, and finished parts for conformance to specifications.
- Tests incoming raw materials.
- Reconciles final inspection documentation for shipments.
- Supports customer and agency audits.
- Takes responsibility for accurate and organized quality assurance record retention.
- Examines material or product for defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
- Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, containers, or inspection tag.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical characteristics.
- Operates any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
- Interprets engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Some knowledge of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 requirements.
- Some knowledge of plastics, membranes and/or manufacturing.