Date Posted: April 11, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7591
The Quality Engineer (QE) uses professional quality and engineering concepts and applies Company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. The Quality Engineer acts as the facilitator and lead investigator for complaints from assigned customers. Assists the Management Representative in liaison with external bodies on quality system related affairs. The Quality Engineer will lead or participate in projects as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complaint Investigation and 8D Facilitation
- Coordinate and facilitate 8 D teams in the effective completion of assigned customer complaints and investigations within the scope of operations.
- Ensure organization is able to diligently respond to assigned complaints in a timely manner.
- Provide input into efforts to continuously improve the processes within organization.
- Assist Quality Manager to ensure that all documents associated with the Customer Complaint system are current and accurate.
- Auditing, Reporting and Compliance:
- Assists the Management Representative in liaison with external bodies on quality system related affairs.
- Ensures compliance in regards to customer requirements, specifications and quality standards.
- Schedules and coordinates Layered Audits. Performs Layered Audits as necessary. Manages corrective actions initiated from Layered Audits.
- The Quality Engineer will be sufficiently trained in the areas of Supplier Management, Document Control and Calibration to act as back-up or support to the Sr. Quality Engineer in his absence or as need arises.
- Trains associates, suppliers and contract personnel in six sigma techniques, manufacturing process control, variation reduction, etc.
- Extends the necessary technical support to all profit centers in SPC, data collection and analysis systems.
- Trains and assists others on advanced problem solving and associated techniques such as 8-D, 5-Why, Brainstorming, Pareto Analysis etc.
- Attends quality, safety, health and environmental issues as they impact the Company.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to perform in an independent manner with limited supervision.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical personnel including presentations to small and large groups.
- Recognizes and performs other necessary tasks which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of combined related experience in quality and engineering.
- Minimum of two years' college or equivalent experience. BS/BA degree engineering field preferred.
- Must be familiar with ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 17025, AS 7115, TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Computer literacy required: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IQS, Oracle and Gainseeker
- MS Project, Access, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, Visio, Adobe, Minitab are a plus.
- Must have experience or education and training as an internal auditor.
- Must have familiarity with Six-sigma, Lean and other quality techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be willing to travel