Date Posted: October 10, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7947
Temp to Perm Opportunity
- Complaint Investigation and 8D Facilitation
- Offer recommendations for continuous Process Improvement within organization.
- Assist Quality Manager to ensure that all documents associated with the Customer Complaint system are current and accurate.
- Auditing, Reporting and Compliance:
- Assists the Management Representative in liaison with external bodies on quality system related affairs.
- Ensures compliance in regards to customer requirements, specifications and quality standards.
- Schedules and coordinates Layered Audits. Performs Layered Audits as necessary. Manages corrective actions initiated from Layered Audits.
- The Quality Engineer will be sufficiently trained in the areas of Supplier Management, Document Control and Calibration to act as back-up or support to the Sr. Quality Engineer in his absence or as need arises.
- Trains associates, suppliers and contract personnel in six sigma techniques, manufacturing process control, variation reduction, etc.
- Extends the necessary technical support to all profit centers in SPC, data collection and analysis systems.
- Trains and assists others on advanced problem solving and associated techniques such as 8-D, 5-Why, Brainstorming, Pareto Analysis etc.
- Attends quality, safety, health and environmental issues as they impact the Company.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of combined related experience in quality and engineering.
- Minimum of two years' college or equivalent experience. BS/BA degree engineering field preferred.
- Must be familiar with ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 17025, AS 7115, TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Computer literacy required: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IQS, Oracle and Gainseeker
- MS Project, Access, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, Visio, Adobe, Minitab are a plus.
- Must have experience or education and training as an internal auditor.
- Must have familiarity with Six-sigma, Lean and other quality techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be willing to travel