Date Posted: March 28, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7557
Quality Control Mechanical Inspector (CMM)
Inspector is responsible for inspecting products at incoming Inspection to ensure all products are in compliance per Quality procedure. Work with Quality engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Technicians and other Inspectors to ensure quality conformance on all parts. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance.
- Accepts or rejects Non-Conformance, parts.
- Complete material transactions using ERP system
- Assist with preparing, updating related work instructions and documentation
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and filled out non-conforming report.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Promotes process improvements and Manufacturing Methods and Procedures to achieve quality and organization mission.
- Proficient in all basic surface plate inspection methods and able to work with limited supervision
- Must have working knowledge and application for geometric dimension and tolerance
- Proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, sketches and detailed parts specifications
- Perform First piece, production, and first article inspections.
- CMM inspection experience (Preferably Hexagon)
- CMM programing experience is a plus.
- Review and record non-conformance report and process using computer.
- Some incoming inspection experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 year experience in QC
- Measuring experience
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to read, write and communicate in English