Date Posted: November 23, 2016
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7288
Production Support Associate, Facilities (2nd Shift)
Laboratory related responsibilities
- Monitor temperature and humidity readings (water leaks, electrical needs, equipment movements, HVAC) in all laboratories, and take corrective action, as necessary.
- Update and maintain Emergency Contact Lists on freezers, incubators and cold rooms connected to central alarm system.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to any on-call equipment alarm situation.
- Assist with general laboratory procedures such as, but not limited to, preparation of solvents, buffers, resins, reagent solutions, media prep, 70% EtOH, 10% Bleach etc.
- Receive shipments of chemicals from vendors and enter information into tracking system and delivering items(s) to requestor. Chemical storage, gowning requirements, proper storage practices.
- Proper handling of chemical, hazardous material and its waste.
- Prepare shipment of synthesized mRNA to customers
- Schedule service calls for production operations equipment
- Work closely with Facilities team to address any equipment issues and to ensure harmonization of lab practices
Non Laboratory Responsibilities
- Under the general direction of the Facility Manager and Safety officer, oversees the daily operations of Security, Safety and Emergency Management
- Restock refrigerator and cabinets, etc. in all kitchen areas.
- Receive company lunches, catering orders and arrange according to established protocol or direction.
- Interface to building management office (place service / maintenance requests).
- Receive and sort mail/packages.
- Accept deliveries and escort to restricted areas.
- Ensure reception area is neat and clean.
- Maintain clean and organized kitchens / conference rooms.
- Clean and prepare workspaces for new hires according to established practices.
- Associates in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or related field
- Ability to work in team settings
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Prior experience in a professional corporate environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to accommodate to daily routine changes.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs., with or without accommodation.
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail are required.
- Spill containment training, DOT and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
- Experience as emergency and EHS coordinator