Date Posted: April 18, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7611
Product Assurance Engineer 2nd Shift
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include performing quality engineering tasks associated with product assurance in support of new product introduction, current product, and manufacturing/test quality oversight. This individual will review and provide input for product quality planning including PFMEA analyses, quality hold points, manufacturing/test work instructions, nonconforming product dispositions, root cause corrective actions and continuous improvement efforts for current production components and assemblies.
Process of Record Baselines
- Develop product quality plans for new product introduction that include requirements for PFMEA, in-process inspections, internal and external quality hold points, FAIs, testing, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement processes related to business and manufacturing processes.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that they understand requirements related to contract compliance, engineering documentation, FAI process, nonconformance process, RCCA process, workmanship standards, etc.
- Manage production non-conformances and help improve manufacturing quality to achieve quality metrics.
- Lead on-site audits, evaluate prototypes, and review and approve corrective actions.
- Conduct in-inspections and first article inspections.
- Review and approve first article inspections.
- Act as customer and management interface in resolving and managing customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on manufacturing process and product quality issues.
- Develop and deploy SPC initiatives.
- Provide support to quality technicians.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of appropriate industry experience
- Proficient technical expertise and knowledge including precision machining of components and fabrications for large complex assemblies and rotating machinery
- Proficient with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- Ability to read blue prints and understand industry and military specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
- Audit experience on ISO 9001 or AS9100 standards
- Must be able to travel to both domestic and international customer locations. Current position may require travel to customer sites 1-3 times per year.
- US citizen required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- First Article Inspection experience to AS9102 preferred
- ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required
- DoD experience preferred
Must be able to perform the following activities in order to perform in-process and first article inspections: walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet #MCSS