Date Posted: August 29, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7072
Applications Engineer/System Integrator who is familiar with ladder logic, touch-screen OI development, and PLC-based control systems. Experience with Allen-Bradley development tools is preferred.
This position is comprised of many roles involving all stages of the product life cycle including testing, validation, documentation, transfer to manufacturing, and technical support.
- Support PLC-based control systems, including printers, HMIs, sensors and other packaged electronics as needed
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support to in house manufacturing as well as customers & field service technicians
- Develop & execute plans for product improvement and cost reduction
- Provide validation testing and support for any software modifications and/or design revisions
- Perform root cause investigation and testing of failed or returned components
- Update & maintain manuals and technical documentation
- Assist with vendor & inventory management for related hardware
- Assemble/wire prototypes, test setups and one-off solutions as needed
- Update & maintain all electrical schematics using AutoCAD
- Manage equipment's UL listing and coordinate UL inspections
- Provide hands on training as need to teach in-house manufacturing personnel
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with troubleshooting and providing technical support for PLC and electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of common industrial electronics such as relays, contactors, fuses, motors, wiring, connectors/plugs and power supplies.
- Hands on (wiring, plumbing, soldering, hand tools, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in LEAN and CI
- Experience with FAT/IQ/OQ/PQ procedures & documentation
- Experience with Process FMEA
- Experience using Solidworks