Date Posted: November 17, 2016
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7277
- Plating bath chemistry
- Acid copper, Acid hard gold, Nickel , Bright silver, Electroless copper/nickel. Any other Detail*
- UV/Vis spectrometry, X-ray fluorescence, volumetric and gravimetric analysis, Hull cell control of plating solutions. Any other such as CVS, AAS and ICP MS*
- Bath maintenance: purification and carbon treatment. How would you remove low level metallic contaminants from a plating bath* (Usually with a low current density plate out on a corrugated cathode)
- Treatment of waste water including batch treatment of metal bearing effluent
- Health and safety, awareness of international regulations and standards and the ability to implement an effective company policy regarding chemical handling and usage.
- Experience in basic mechanical engineering. Drilling, turning, milling.
- Competent in maths. You must know how to work out surface areas of various shapes so trigonometry is a requisite
- Experience in engineering drawings and circuit diagrams
- Composing/writing a process manual covering all relevant details of each process. This will include bath make up, operating parameters such as temperature, current density and step by step analytical techniques. Also the generation of check lists and trend analysis charts for all processes. Auditing and record keeping
- Computer competence in word and Excel
- Hands on experience of maintaining plating shop equipment such as pumps/filters, water treatment and purification plants and other mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Stock taking and metal waste recovery.
- 20+ years experience preferred