Date Posted: February 09, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7452
Opto-Electronic Test Technician
Reporting to the director of advanced laser diode technologies the Optoelectronic/Test (OE) Technician will be responsible for the build of opto-electronic test stations primarily for R&D purposes.
- The OE technician will specify, purchase, and assemble optical systems for testing laser diode and laser diode sub-assemblies for a variety of purposes.
- Familiarity with the specification and purchase of standard COTS optical and opto-mechanical components is required.
- Significant familiarity with standard electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, DMMs, current meters, power supplies, OSA's, optical power meters and high current pulsars is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical information efficiently is required.
- An Associate’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in an opto-mechanical or opto-electrical field is required.
- Experience in assembly of micro optics assemblies, die attach, optical testing and clean room procedures is required.
- Experience with machine tools, electro mechanical assembly and electrical troubleshooting is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication.