Date Posted: March 27, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7551
1. Installs and configure network communications systems including physical infrastructure build outs.
2. Support day-to-day service requests and trouble tickets using enterprise Remedy ticket system.
3. Provides specifications and detailed diagrams using standard templates for network baseline documentation.
4. Provide cost estimates for both LAN hardware and physical cable infrastructure for supported projects using standard ROM templates
5. Use enterprise tools to help support and troubleshoot wired and wireless network infrastructure.
6. Work directly with vendors and contractors to support project requirements.
7. Work with customer and assist in identifying specific requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
8. Participate with planning and assessment phases of projects and assist with project design/implementation phases.
1. Basic understanding of standard IT environment and infrastructure, including Cisco switches and Wireless APs as well as the physical infrastructure cabling.
2. Good communication skills are required as candidate will be working directly with end users and other sub-contractors
3. Good organizational skills required as candidate will be required to work multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
4. Use of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word required
1. Prefer if candidate has some knowledge of Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to be able to log into switch and do simple configuration changes such as standard port activations.
2. BICSI certification and knowledge of standard electrical codes a plus.
Candidate will be involved with installing new communication infrastructure for BAE and support different facilities projects.
Experience Required: 3-5yrs experience working in IT related field
1.2-3 years working with Cisco network infrastructure
2. BICSI Certified or experience supporting physical network infrastructure in professional environment
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent technical certifications in IT related field
Education Preferred: College Degree or equivalent technical certifications in IT related field
MUST BE US CITIZEN – MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERGO SECURITY CLEARANCE INVESTIGATION