Date Posted: August 27, 2015
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 6250
Mechanical Design Engineer
The Design Engineer will contribute to a fast-paced and growing team responsible for the design, development, validation and manufacture of Solar Converter system and components. The Design Engineer will support the Engineering team throughout the engineering development cycle from concept generation and proof-of-concept models to implementation and validation. This involves mechanical design and engineering of laboratory equipment, components and fixtures.
- Development of outdoor equipment such as industrial film handling machines and supporting structures for piping and flexible film bioreactors as well as custom hardware and accessories
- Field installation and evaluation of equipment and hardware at our Hobbs, NM facility
- Design, build and test experimental apparatus that may include physical support elements, pneumatic actuators, motors, piping, tubing, valves, pumps and instrumentation
- Material selection, DFM, stress analysis, operability, tolerance analysis, FME
- Design and documentation using SolidWorks.
- An engineering or technical degree and at least 3 years of experience in mechanical design.
- Experience with the engineering development cycle from concept generation and proof-of-concept models to implementation and validation
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM.
- Expertise in creating engineering drawings
- Experience building/assembling prototype equipment and using common hand tools
- Enjoy hands-on shop and field work