Date Posted: November 16, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 8019
Mechanical assembly and operation of vacuum furnaces. Assembly of vacuum piping, frames, insulation packages, gas distribution systems, instrumentation wiring, and power distribution systems. Operation and testing of vacuum furnaces including loading, monitoring, unloading, system maintenance between runs, fluid evaluation/changes as necessary, and insulation repair/replacement as required. Field service of vacuum furnaces and components.
Shipping and receiving, including incoming order inspections. Order inspections will include the use of micrometers, tape measures, and angle measurements.
With this position, there may be some overtime, weekend or shift work on a periodic basis based on manufacturing workload.
High School diploma or equivalent
Experience preferred in the following areas:
• Mechanical assembly, testing, trouble-shooting, industrial equipment installation, and start-up.
• Orbital welding
• Gas panel assembly
• Assembly and/or operation of vacuum equipment.
• Installation, testing and trouble shooting and commissioning of electronic instrumentation and process controls.
• Piping and Instrument Diagrams, assembly drawings.
• Incoming and sub-assembly inspection.
Mechanical skills, including working with hand tools, cranes, lifts and fork trucks.
Ability to work off piping & instrument diagrams, assembly drawings.
Computer skills: MS Office
Hands-on installation of instrumentation and process control
10-20% travel to customer sites for system installation and field service.