Date Posted: October 28, 2016
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 7224
Jr. Mechanical Engineer
Design engineer needed to participate in the development of innovative medical devices. Work as part of a team driving products through their lifecycle including concept generation, component and assembly development, testing and associated documentation.
- Generate creative solutions to design problems and demonstrate their viability considering factors such as risk, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, weight and cost
- Transition concepts into products using 3D CAD Solid Modeling, defining requirements, selecting materials and processes, interacting with suppliers and manufacturers, and documenting the development process.
- Troubleshoot design failure modes to root cause and develop quick, effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 1 year design experience
- Hands-on experience with mechanical design tools and software (CAD, FEA, etc) and tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with various component manufacturing/fabrication processes (Injection Molding, Sheet Metal/Stamping, Casting, Forging, Machining, etc.) and assembly processes (Electronics Assembly, Welding, Fastening, Automation, etc).