Date Posted: December 21, 2016
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7346
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to):
• NISPOM, JSIG, ICD 503 and associated NIST publications, and customer/contract specific IA regulations.
• Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
• Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
• Oversee and report on, with minimal supervision, isolated projects requiring security/IA support.
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
• MUST have an active DoD Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four years of experience in Information Technology (IT) or Information Assurance (IA) in a classified environment.
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Must be IAT Level II compliant and maintain IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
• Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents (JAFAN, DCID, JSIG, and ICD).
• Customer focused and has excellent time management skills.
• Must be flexible and work with limited supervision.
Experience Required: 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
• Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
• Experience with development and implementation of IA Policies and Procedures.
• Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
• Experience with the Preparation of Certificate and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with complex Information Systems, i.e. Multi-Program Interconnection, PL-2 systems and above.
• Experience with certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
• Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans, and Memorandums of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/A).
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
MUST BE US CITIZEN – MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERGO SECURITY CLEARANCE INVESTIGATION