Date Posted: August 10, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7817
Assembles, preps, reworks, adjusts, functionally tests, disassembles, ships, and actively participates in bolt up of semiconductor capital equipment in accordance with customer specification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is competent and capable in assuming support tech role during machine bolt up as assigned.
- Works closely with bolt up lead tech and local field service to complete bolt up on schedule, to customer expectations.
- Assembles and disassembles precision electro/mechanical units and sub-assemblies requiring the use of mechanical knowledge to position properly and inter relate numerous moveable precision parts and mechanisms, which must be held to exacting tolerances.
- May assist in performing functional test operations on all systems and sub-assemblies using precision measuring instruments (gauges, meters, leak testers, dial indicators, transits, lasers) as required. Reviews results and reworks or adjusts as required to meet specifications.
- Works well within a team environment under limited supervision and is actively working to improve his/her teaming skill set.
- Shows initiative to learn, utilize time effectively, identify problems, and demonstrate problem solving.
- May work with other groups to develop and build pre-production assemblies and systems (prototype, Alpha, and Beta builds).
- Utilizes inventory control systems to review Bills Of Material, check inventory, kit status, part due dates, transaction history, assembly status etc.
- Able to use network applications for solving problems and for day-to-day business including finding and printing drawings using Smarteam and shared network folders with other departments, etc.
- Able to complete data entry activities in Microsoft EXCEL as required.
- May perform quality investigations in his or her area and recommends solutions. Submits Insight part Defect cases on defective parts or components.
- Completes standard department documentation forms including requisitions, assembly logs and checklists, etc.
- Assembly and disassembly of highly complex ion implantation equipment.