Date Posted: February 13, 2018
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 8210
- Consult with leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen organizational capability.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes like Human Resources Review, Performance Management and Development, Quarterly Business Reviews, etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Drive the HR component of the business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management. Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
- Update management on policies/processes as necessary.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements including OSHA compliance and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Participate and/or lead Division HR projects focused on continuous improvement of core programs and services.
- BA/BS degree in HR related field Minimum 5 years of related experience in a generalist/HRM role PHR or SPHR certification preferred Experience with field organizations either in Service or Sales Strong project management skills working with teams.
- Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of EEO and Federal employment laws.