Date Posted: January 11, 2017
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 7382
Executive Administrator – Paralegal
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support VP/General Counsel and all Legal Department members
- Interface with Marketing, Finance and IT on a daily basis
- Maintain corporate minute books
- Maintain department org chart
- Draft meeting minutes
- Prepare, distribute and track stock award agreements
- Provide assistance with the annual Proxy Statement, including circulation of D&O questionnaires
- Assist in the preparation of non-disclosure agreements and service agreements
- Assist with maintaining internal records for patent and trademark portfolio, monitor relevant deadlines, obtain signatures for legal forms
- Manage patent award distributions
- File tangible/electronic agreements, correspondence and other documentation
- Manage DocuWare Management System
- General research
- Work on ad hoc projects as requested by Department members
- Update litigation files
- Grants Coordinator
- Initiate and schedule Grants Committee meetings
- Organize and update grant trackers
- Prepare grant applications for review
- Prepare Grant Committee minutes
- Circulate approved grants for funding
- Advise applicants of grant status
- General administrative duties:
- Arrange national/international travel
- Generate and submit expense report
- Schedule meetings
- Co-ordinate onsite business luncheon meetings
- Assemble data for Legal Department budget
- Order and track office supplies
- Make photocopies/organize docs into binders
- Scan docs for filing/distribution
- Must have a minimum of five years of prior administrative/paralegal experience.
- Able to work independently and handle a wide variety of matters. Possess conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organizational, prioritization, time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong initiative, self-motivation and high standards.
- Demonstrate a professional, positive, and approachable demeanor in working and effectively communicating with a diverse group of people.
- Exercise discretion, judgement, tact and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.