Date Posted: May 18, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7679
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, test, disassemble and re-build a variety of electromechanical units, subassemblies and complete machine modules using standard processes.
- Cable and Harness routing.
- Point-to-point wiring, crimping/stripping wires as part of the electrical/mechanical assembly of controllers.
- Assemble electromechanical units and subassemblies to print specifications and/or manufacturing aids and be certified in the majority of the complex assemblies within a cell.
- Perform basic testing tasks within a cell to include both mechanical and electrical.
- Complete standard cell documentation forms, material requisitions, Time sheets, assembly logs, checklists, etc.
- Utilize Glovia to print shop packets, BOM’s, pick lists to check inventory, compares kit material against shop packet.
- Utilize Insight to record quality defects during assembly.
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical test operations on subassemblies using instruments and fixtures and corrects any problem identified in the test.
- Recommend continuous improvements to the product build.
- Ability to: Read, write, comprehend and speak English sufficiently well to perform job functions
- Must be able to run point to point wiring and terminate the wires in controllers.
- Someone who is very strong in electrical build, crimping wires, heavy gauge, wire run list in drawing.
- Knowledge of: Cell's test operations. Leak checking. Microsoft Word. Microsoft EXCEL.
- Working from prints, procedures, planning schedules, verbal and written instructions, safety policies and procedures within the assembly process.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, assembly, basic testing, disassembly and rebuilding electromechanical units, subassemblies and complete machine modules.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.