Date Posted: May 04, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7645
Electrical Test Technician (#2064)
1. Perform test equipment preventative and corrective maintenance
2. Troubleshooting and repair of test equipment and cables
3. Support the rotation of test equipment for scheduled periodic calibration
4. Support improvements in test stand maintenance, processes, and methodologies to reduce downtime and increase throughput.
5. Provide test equipment training and support to manufacturing personnel.
6. Generate, review and maintain the technical content of test equipment preventative maintenance procedures, drawings, specifications, reports, and other associated documentation.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of various electronic test equipment such as multi-meters, power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and network and spectrum analyzers
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use PC based test equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of electronic test and manufacturing techniques for digital and analog technology products.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Thermal and Vibration environmental test equipment
- Hands-on skills with the testing and troubleshooting of digital and analog assemblies and circuits.
- Hands-on skills to build, repair and test electro-mechanical assemblies and cables.
- Able to work from a variety of documents including test procedures and specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc….
- The candidate should have demonstrably strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Resolve production test problems by conducting troubleshooting activities on multifaceted test equipment technologies. Tasks require the ability to isolate and resolve test related problems in both hardware and software.
- Experience with Electro- Optical assemblies and test methods – Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Windows (XP, Windows 7) Operating Systems and software development on these platforms.
- Capabilities in National Instruments LabWindows/CVI programming and/or other similar test software development toolsets
- Requires 3 to 5 years of directly applicable electronic test equipment experience.
- Requires an Associate's Degree in Electronics Engineering or its equivalent with a thorough knowledge of electronic test and instrumentation techniques.