Date Posted: April 12, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7596
Electrical Bonding Assembler
Purpose: This position supports the manufacture of front end assemblies for the JSF band 3/4 aperture. SPECIFIC Responsibilities:
1. Assembles, modifies, and reworks aperture subassemblies by interpreting schematic diagrams, technical drawing packages (i.e., ECO's, parts lists, etc.), blueprints, process sheets or other specifications and using correct tooling and machinery. Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements using precision measuring equipment and performs rework as needed.
2. Performs TDR, DC, and phase testing of front end assemblies and cables.
3. Performs mechanical assembly of bonded elements per process.
4. Performs operations using pneumatic dispensers, conductive epoxy, and a microscope.
5. Configures and documents materials, components, and process steps through the use of online computer systems.
6. Works with team to ensure standard work and single piece flow is followed, verifying the producibility of each unit through first piece checks.
7. Performs complex ECO/PRN rework once trained. This may include repairing HPOL and element damage, epoxy repair, or mechanical assembly rework.
8. Provides ideas for continuous improvement and participates in lean manufacturing activities/projects.
9. May cross-train on other assembly positions.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Skills Required: Excellent manual dexterity is necessary in order to assemble intricate components in the fabrication of electro-mechanical composite apertures Experience in the use of precision measuring tools Basic computer skills Must be able to work for extended periods using a microscope Basic understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement concepts Ability to use hand tools Able to interpret and use material lists, schematic diagrams, process sheets/route cards, and technical drawing package (i.e., ECO's and PRN's). Able to set-up and operate various equipment (i.e., oven cycles, chart recorders and bonding equipment)
Skills Preferred: Previous experience with RF connectors and hardline coax cable Ability to use pneumatic dispensers to work with epoxy. Ability to perform TDR and phase testing Able to cross-train and instruct other assembly positions.
Experience Required: 2 years of electronic assembly experience
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
MUST BE US CITIZEN