Date Posted: May 16, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7674
Desktop Technican II (REQ# 2088)
- Supports computer users with installation of hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs.
- Win 7 upgrades and deploy of new replacement machines.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning; resolves issues including contacting and assisting vendors.
- Conducts diagnostic reviews and produces error reports as requested by customers in order to identify and correct any problems.
- Assists with computer studies, projects, and implementation of policies throughout area of assignment.
- Assists in the design and development of standardized operational management reports in order to identify issues or monitor computers.
- Researches, analyzes, and provides hardware/software recommendations, ordering information, and other purchasing information to users to assist in purchasing necessary equipment.
- Diagnoses and resolves moderate end-user hardware/software problems including remote access software.
- Performs new computer configuration and coordinates the workstation upgrade/replacement process.
- Participates in the deployment of new software platforms.
- Track user requests for equipment, for information, and problem reporting by opening cases and keeping case histories current and complete.
- Verify with the customer that the problem has been resolved and close case.
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and terminology.
- Good working knowledge of local area networks.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Good working knowledge of Mobile Devices (Cell Phones)
- High School Graduate – 5 Yrs Experience or Associates Degree – 3 Yrs Experience