Date Posted: April 24, 2017
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Job Id: 7626
Assembly Operator must be able to tend to one or more assembly machines. These machines may be manual, semi-automatic or automatic machines. Operator must also be able to perform part specific set-ups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY includes the following:
- Perform machine specific set-ups required for part assembly operations from production work orders, and verbal or written instructions/drawings.
- Perform all required inspections to ensure product conformance.
- Follow quality plan to ensure integrity of product produced.
- Package product as specified in written instructions.
- Notify manager or lead immediately upon discovering non-conforming product. Notify manager or lead immediately of any noticed machine/assembly problems. Perform general housekeeping of the manufacturing area.
- Provide ongoing input to management of potential improvements.
- Participate in all semi-annual and "cycle count” inventories.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to understand Engineering Drawings.
- Ability to use precision tools such as calipers, comparator, and a microscope.
- Ability to work with small parts
- Ability to use counting scales.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Must have strong communication skills.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.