Date Posted: May 15, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7668
2nd Shift Micro-Electronic Assembler (REQ# 2092)
Electrical, Optical and Mechanical Assembler working to Military standards to install cables, harnesses, circuit cards and optics in various optical and thermal imaging assemblies using various hand tools, torque drivers and fixtures.
- Works from engineering design drawings, diagrams, schematics, or written instructions to build and test optical subassemblies, opto-mechanical, and/or electro-optical assemblies.
- Assembles, bonds and performs other joining techniques from specific instructions.
- Must be familiar with working with a wide variety of adhesives and epoxy's.
- Must have 3-5 years of assembly and solder experience with military hardware against IPC 610, MIL STD 883 and J-STD-001 with active solder certifications.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, process sheets and other related documentation used for manufacturing complex electro-optical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Must have a high level of mechanical aptitude and the ability to work under a microscope to inspect their work.
- Must have optical assembly experience with military hardware against MIL STD 883 and J-STD-001.
- Must be familiar with proper handling and inspection of optics including interpreting scratch/dig criteria and recognizing cosmetic coating anomalies.