Date Posted: May 17, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7676
Inspector (REQ# 2082)
- Perform MIL Standard 883 and IPC J-STD-001 visual and mechanical inspections on solder and mechanical assemblies and components of Military Hardware utilizing a full range of precision tools, techniques, processes and equipment.
- Must have 5-7 years of prior inspection experience (military experience preferred).
- 7-10 years manufacturing experience with a minimum of 4 years solder inspection experience with military hardware against Military Specifications MIL STD 883 and J-STD-001.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, process sheets and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ability to utilize various inspection tools such as verniers, microscopes, gauges, etc.. Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs administrative and data collection tasks such as process audits, data analysis, first article inspections, and sell-off of military/government hardware.
- Monitors process performance, reports findings to supervision and assists in the corrective action/problem resolution process.
- Assists with root cause analysis and determination of solutions. Identifies and documents defects, calculates defect rates, prepares inspection and evaluation documentation and inputs data into appropriate system.
- Cross-trains and instructs other assembly and inspection positions in acceptable procedures.