Date Posted: April 18, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 7613
(Contract) Production Associate, RNA Operations 1st Shift
- Produce mRNA for preclinical targets
- Conduct mRNA purification using HPLC/UPLC-based chromatography solutions
- Conduct in-process quality control assays to ensure mRNA are within specifications
- Utilize automated equipment to enable capacity and short turnaround time
- Promote inter- and intra-departmental communication in order to facilitate and maximize performance
- Develop in vitro/ cell-based assays
- Responsible and accountable for the execution of well-controlled in vitro/ex vivo experiments and for communicating experimental findings in a timely fashion (Powerpoint)
- Assist in study designs and in vivo work on a per request basis
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and seek/provide help and support from/to other members of the Moderna team across venture/non venture boundaries
- BS with relevant industry or undergraduate experience in molecular biology or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced biotech/pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
- Working familiarity with common purification methods (ex. HPLC, UPLC).
- Experience operating HPLC/UPLC instrumentation for RNA/DNA/protein purification is preferred.
- Ability and desire to be a highly effective team player.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly master new scientific techniques and concepts.
- Drive and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing workplace.
- Robustness to maintain motivation in an ambitious environment.